Concerned over fears of the rise in the novel Coronavirus cases across the globe, residents are scrambling to stock up disinfectants, hand sanitizer, and surface cleaner.
Let us figure out the answers to the following questions:
1. Are Dettol, Lysol disinfectant sprays and hand sanitizer able to kill coronavirus?
The answer is that there is no clinical trial of the products run yet to confirm the efficacy to kill coronavirus, according to these enterprises’ official statements.
Recently, some articles on Facebook claim that Dettol disinfectant, Lysol, Clorox sprays can kill coronavirus, quoting the logo ‘Coronavirus’ on the bottles as evidence. In fact, ‘Coronavirus’ only includes the coronavirus that existed before or conventional viruses like MER-CoV and SARS-CoV. These products are proved that they’re effective in killing the previous coronavirus, not necessarily for novel coronavirus.
2. Is it necessary to purchase Dettol, Lysol disinfectant sprays, and hand sanitizer?
The answer is Yes, though there is no test to confirm the efficacy to kill new coronavirus.
Although 2019-nCoV is a new strain. The virus is very similar to other coronaviruses. ‘Any disinfectant, bleachers or surface cleaners and hand sanitizer with over 60% of alcohol base will be effective in disinfecting the surface. Usually, cold viruses are enveloped viruses that can be destroyed by disinfection by using strong alcohol-based disinfectant.’ Dr. Mohamed Rafique, pulmonologist, chair of infection control, and medical director at Prime Hospital said.
‘A good-quality disinfectant is definitely a great tip to help reduce risk to families but to prove a particular disinfectant that can do away with certain viruses, one has to run a clinical study and have proof that it managed to kill the viruses it claims’ James Michael Lafferty, global CEO of Fine Hygienic Holding said。
3. How to protect yourselves from new coronavirus in daily life?
(1). Wash hands frequently. Wash your hands for more than 20 seconds. Then use hand sanitizer when you out; there is more than 60% alcohol in it, which can kill most of germs and viruses effectively. It’s advisable to use hand sanitizer to protect yourselves in advance before the efficacy is proved lately.
(2). Do not touch eyes, ears, or mouth with your hands before ensuring that your hands are clean
3). Use disinfectant sprays and chemical cleaner to clean the areas where people often stay like house, car, or office.You could find them in the local market,
(4). Wear masks when you’re in public places. Get away with a large gathering of people or places where risk patients ever went.
(5). Keep a good eating habit to improve your immunity. It’s reported that most of the coronavirus patients are those who have poor immunity like the middle-aged or the old according to clinical data of coronavirus cases in China.
4.About the situation of coronavirus in China from my perspective as Chinese
- Compared with the previous virus, the death rates of the novel coronavirus are not that high, but the transmission is very speedy. One of the confirmed cases in China shows that the virus was infected in just 15 second of close contact with a coronavirus patient. So please attach importance to prevention work and your hygiene.
- The vaccine research and development against the novel coronavirus has not been finished yet, but China, health organizations, and scientific research institutions are expediting scientific research unitedly and have preliminarily developed a new drug that may have efficacy.
- Currently, all the Chinese are participating in the fight against novel coronavirus unitedly and effectively. Please keep great confidence in China! By the way, if you would like to donate medical devices like masks or protective clothing, your support will be highly appreciated!
Author: Ocean Star Inc
Publisher: Ocean Star Inc(www.oceanstar-inc.com)
All Rights Reserved
Data and pictures are from the network, if there is any violation of your rights, please contact me immediately